Before the days of Pinterest and food blogs, this was one of my go to coffee cake recipes. It is a real classic! Today I had a meeting planned in the morning but had to cancel because a couple of the ladies couldn't make it. So, now my boys get to enjoy the whole cake!!High Heels and Grills
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans (I've used walnuts in the past)
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 to 2 tablespoons milk
3 cups all-purpose or whole wheat flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/2 cups sour cream
- Step 1 Heat oven to 350ºF. Grease 12-cup bundt pan
- Step 2 In small bowl, mix all Filling ingredients; set aside.
- Step 3 In medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside. In large bowl, beat granulated sugar, 3/4 cup butter, 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla and the eggs with electric mixer on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Beat in flour mixture alternately with sour cream on low speed.
- Step 4 Spread 1/2 of the batter in pan; sprinkle with the filling. Add remaining batter.
- Step 5 Bake about 1 hour or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool 10 minutes.
- Step 6 Meanwhile, mix powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk to make the glaze. Drizzle cake with glaze.
where I linked this recipe to!