Tuesday, May 14, 2013

In The Kitchen

I'm having fun trying out some new recipes. This time I tried out a recipe from a Gooseberry Patch cookbook. As I was mixing everything I thought it would taste real plain but it was delicious! It tasted even better the following day.

Honey Bun Cake
1 box yellow cake mix
4 eggs beaten
3/4 c. oil
1 c. buttermilk
1 c. brown sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 c. pecans

Mix first 4 ingredients well. Pour into a greased 13" x 9" baking dish. Combine brown sugar, cinnamon, and pecans. Swirl into batter. Bake at 300 degrees (I thought the temperature was too low but it baked well) for 40 to 60 minutes. Check at 40 minute with a toothpick.

Glaze
1 c. powdered sugar
2 tbsp. milk
1 t. vanilla

Mix all ingredients together and pour over warm cake.


Pin It

No comments: