Friday, December 13, 2013

Christmas Countdown - Day 13

It's day 13 and we're still going strong. Today was another easy day......I just got them a Hot Wheels car but at least it wasn't just any Hot Wheels it was the Mystery Machine from Scooby Doo. They loved it.




 Today's reading was Luke 2:1-5  Now in those days a decree went out from Caesar Augustus, that a census be taken of all the inhabited earth. This was the first census taken while Quirinius was governor of Syria.  And everyone was on his way to register for the census, each to his own city.  Joseph also went up from Galilee, from the city of Nazareth, to Judea, to the city of David which is called Bethlehem, because he was of the house and family of David, in order to register along with Mary, who was engaged to him, and was with child. 

Can you imagine being pregnant and traveling by foot and/or donkey from Nazareth to Bethlehem? I "Googled" to see how long that would take and this is the answer I found: "Though it would normally take about 4 days to travel from Nazareth to Bethlehem, because Mary was nearing her pregnancy term and riding a donkey, it would require more than 4 days for fear of miscarriage. So perhaps a week (or more) would have been needed." I remember when I was 7 months pregnant with Nathan, I took Josiah to Disneyland. Let's just say after every single ride we would stop and sit down so I could take a rest. I remember at the end walking towards our car in the parking lot and stopping every few steps so I could catch my breath.......I was exhausted by the time we got home. 

It's amazing to think how God protected Jesus in Mary's womb. I also think of all the trials Joseph and Mary must have had to endure on that journey. It's absolutely amazing to think of the incarnation of Jesus Christ!

 


No comments: